Dear GBA members and other industry professionals,
Thank you for your continued support of the Georgia Brownfield Association. Your membership (click here) enables GBA to advocate for the clean up of, and reinvestment in, environmentally impacted properties – thereby increasing economic development and business growth throughout the state.
Following GBA’s success in 2018 – including developing 12 events across the state, hosting 175 people at GBA’s Brownfield Seminar, and growing GBA’s membership to 300 industry leaders – we look forward to continuing the momentum in 2019. GBA is pursuing even more ways to represent our members and further the industry as a whole. A few of GBA’s priorities this year include:
- providing members an active voice among legislative and industry leaders through GBA’s participation in stakeholder discussions regarding changes to the HSRA regulations;
- educating members about timely industry topics and providing unique opportunities for networking, including GBA’s fourth annual Brownfield Seminar (April 19) and leadership of the Georgia Environmental Conference’s brownfields track (August 22-24); and
- measuring and analyzing the economic impact of brownfield redevelopment through a groundbreaking economic industry report.
As the association enters its ninth year, I’m pleased to announce the 2018 board, as follows:
- President – John Spinrad, Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- Vice President – Dustin Heizer, Wood PLC
- Treasurer – Keith Ziobron, Cardno
- Secretary – Heather Friedman, Morris, Manning & Martin LLP
- Events & Education Committee – Jim Fineis, Atlas Geo Sampling
- Legislative Affairs Committee (co-chairs) – Holly Hill and Andrea Rimer, Troutman Sanders
- Membership Committee – Jimmy Thomas, Enercon
- Brownfield Seminar Committee – Darlene Hawksley, Hawksley Consulting
- Coastal Committee – Howard Lalli, HL Strategy
- Columbus Committee – Howard Lalli, HL Strategy
We hope that you will be a part of this exciting work, which will benefit you as an individual and the industry as a whole. Click here to renew your membership today, and contact Kelly Andrews if you’re interested in joining a committee.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about GBA.