Dear GBA members and other industry professionals,
On behalf of the GBA board, I thank you for your continued support of the Georgia Brownfield Association as we work to ensure our State benefits from the continued cleanup of and reinvestment in environmentally impacted and underutilized properties in Georgia.
We are celebrating our 10-year anniversary, and GBA has grown significantly during this time – including the number of industry leaders it represents, its reach across the state, and its relationships with key regulatory organizations.
GBA advocates for the cleanup of and reinvestment in environmentally impacted properties – thereby increasing economic development and business growth throughout the state – and providing the added benefit of positive social impact. The Georgia Brownfield Association desires to educate and inspire business, civic and political decision makers about the opportunities presented by brownfields in our State.
We look forward to continuing the momentum, and we hope that you will be a part of this exciting work, which will benefit you as an individual and the industry as a whole. Click here to renew your membership today.
Below are five ways that you and your company will benefit from joining GBA:
- Broaden your connections and build valuable networks. GBA connects you with hundreds of the industry’s most influential professionals, including a variety of development, legal, engineering, risk management, and economic development perspectives from across the state.
- Raise your voice in the industry. GBA is active at the State legislature and collaborates with the U.S. EPA and the GA EPD, providing numerous opportunities for you to educate and inspire business, civic, and political decision makers.
- Gain expertise on complex issues that are integral to brownfield-related work. GBA regularly hosts events throughout Georgia, at which we educate you about timely industry and technical topics and provide unique opportunities for networking with others throughout the industry and state.
- Increase your network with industry leaders from across the state. GBA continues to engage area developers, engineers, attorneys, and more for region-specific programming. We continue to forge and strengthen relationships with like-minded organizations, thereby expanding your reach across the state.
- Help drive the future of the industry. You represent the many thousands of people who work in the realm of brownfield redevelopment as you collaborate with GBA to create the most supportive legislative and regulatory environment.
The GBA board and committees are already deep into planning for the coming year, and we hope that you will be a part of this exciting work. GBA is a membership driven organization which means each and every one of us is part of the industry and practice. So please continue to take the time to participate in the organization with your time and invest financially as a sponsor.
Click here to renew your membership today. Contact Jennifer Jezyk at Jennifer@HLStrategy.com to discuss how to maximize your company’s exposure via sponsorships or to discuss how you can become further engaged by joining a GBA committee.
Dustin J. Heizer
2020-21 GBA President