2021 Presentations Include:
- Keynote Speakers:
- Brownfields Rural Revitalization Roadmaps for Historic Downtown Toccoa and Beyond– Presented by Connie Tabor, Community Development Director, City of Toccoa; Linda Grijalva, Economic Development Director, Central Savannah River Area Regional Commission; Tim Martin, Stephens County Development Authority
- Using Georgia’s Brownfields Program to Further Environmental Justice in Georgia – Presented by Brian Holtzclaw, Chief, Environmental Justice and Children’s Health Section, US EPA Region 4; April Lipscomb, Southern Environmental Law Center; Gina K. Montgomery, J5 GBL, LLC; Holly A. Hill and Kate E. Hopkins, Troutman Pepper Hamilton Sanders LLP; Moderated by Rich Glaze, Barnes & Thornburg
- Begin with the End in Mind: How Site Use Affects Managing Vapor Intrusion Mitigation at Brownfields Sites – Presented by Matt Jenny and Mike Burcham, Geosyntec Consultants, and Peter Grant, EPRO
- The Mill District of Columbus, GA – Rebuilding Healthy Communities – Presented by Laura Johnson, Chief Real Estate Officer, Housing Authority of Columbus, Georgia; Justin Krieg, Director of Planning and Programs, Historic Columbus; Amanda Herrit, Terracon Consultants, Inc.
- A Compare and Contrast of Brownfield Programs in the Southeast – Presented by Kimberley Hale, Kazmarek Mowrey Cloud Laseter LLP, with Brownfield Representatives from throughout the Southeast
Albany Museum of Art EPA Brownfields Cleanup Grant – A Case Study of Non-Profit Opportunities and Challenges – Presented by Andrew Wulf, Ph.D., Executive Director, Albany Museum of Art; Paul Forgey, Project Manager, City of Albany; Douglas Strait, PE, Cardno; David Hayes, EPA
The Next Wave of Brownfields Opportunity and Responsibility: Working with Communities to Address Basic Needs and Safety while Leveraging Rural and Agriculture Resources – Presented by Suzi Ruhl, Assistant Clinical Professor/Senior Research Scientist, Yale School of Medicine; Gregory Dale, Economic Development Specialist, Rural Development, US Department of Agriculture; Erin Lebow-Skelley, Emory University/HERCULES Exposome Research Center
- Plus, compelling keynote speakers, key updates from EPA, EPD and more!