2023 GBA Brownfield Seminar is Slated for April 11
2023 Call for Abstracts
GBA is excited to announce our call for abstracts for the ninth annual Georgia Brownfield Seminar, slated to take place in April 2023.
At the heels of our most successful Seminar ever, the 2023 Brownfield Seminar will continue to provide quality education opportunities with a wide range of participants, including leading development, legal, engineering, risk management, economic development, and other professionals throughout Georgia and beyond with a shared interest in cleaning and redeveloping contaminated properties and revitalizing surrounding areas around the state.
Abstracts can be submitted via email to Jennifer Jezyk at Jennifer@HLStrategy.com by Friday, Jan. 13, 2023. Don’t have a “fully cooked” idea but would like to propose a speaker or topic? We’re accepting those suggestions as well – just drop us a quick email.
We welcome abstracts about topics including – but not limited to:
- Brownfield development case studies
- Building decontamination/abatement and demolition
- Climate change preparation
- Community engagement
- Community health
- Development challenges and overcoming them
- Digital solutions and tools
- Economic development
- Emerging contaminants and how they could impact development
- Environmental due diligence
- Environmental investigation
- Environmental justice
- ESG considerations
- Innovative approaches to managing technical & non-technical risks
- Grants and lending opportunities
- Legal issues
- Regulations and planning
- Remediation – soil, groundwater, surface water, sediments, vapor intrusion
- Risk assessment
- Teaming with HSRA/VRP
- Vapor intrusion
Once again, we will apply for CLE credits from the State Bar of Georgia and offer Certificates of Completion to professionals in other industries in need of CEs.