2024 Brownfield Seminar – Now Accepting Abstracts
GBA is pleased to present the 10th annual Brownfield Seminar on April 9, 2024 at the Georgia State University Knowles Law Center, where we will once again provide quality education opportunities with a wide range of participants, including leading development, legal, engineering, risk management, economic development, and other professionals throughout Georgia and beyond with a shared interest in cleaning and redeveloping contaminated properties and revitalizing surrounding areas around the state. We invite you to submit your abstracts for consideration for the 2024 GBA Brownfield Seminar.
Abstracts can be submitted via email to Jennifer Lesnieski at Jennifer@HLStrategy.com. Don’t have a “fully cooked” idea but would like to propose a speaker or topic? We’re accepting those suggestions as well – just drop us a quick email.
We welcome abstracts about topics including – but not limited to:
- Brownfield development case studies
- Building decontamination/abatement and demolition
- Climate change preparation
- Community engagement
- Community health
- Development challenges and overcoming them
- Digital solutions and tools
- Economic development
- Emerging contaminants and how they could impact development
- Environmental due diligence
- Environmental investigation
- Environmental justice
- ESG considerations
- Innovative approaches to managing technical & non-technical risks
- Grants and lending opportunities
- Legal issues
- Regulations and planning
- Remediation – soil, groundwater, surface water, sediments, vapor intrusion
- Risk assessment
- Teaming with HSRA/VRP
- Vapor intrusion
Once again, we will apply for CLE credits from the State Bar of Georgia and offer Certificates of Completion to professionals in other industries in need of CEs.
Thank you 2024 Brownfield Seminar Sponsors:
Once again GBA is offering a limited number of community scholarship/grant opportunities. Please submit your applications to Jennifer@HLStrategy.com. Access the application here.